Sunday, July 1, 2007

Cool Things in My Life...

1- Living in NYC: I feel like I am in the middle of everything! A few examples:
* I go out for lunch at the Central Park. On the way back, surprise! Kelly Clarksson is giving a concert for a TV show in front of CBS TV station building...
* I am walking to the subway to get home after work. Another surprise! iPhone is out and there are TV cameras and people and people everywhere around Apple's basement.
* I go to a market just a few blocks by the house and there is whole bunch of Turkish stuff: rice, chocolate, etc. And the store is not even specifically selling Turkish food!
* Beyonce Knowles and Johnny Damon (of NY Yankees) live at the top of the building I am working at. Maybe, I will see them one day, who knows?
* I almost forgot the most important thing: The places are open until 4am!!! Yes, finally!!!

2- My new GPS device: Having to look at mapquest and writing the directions, or calling friends hoping that they have Internet access and can help you is over. There is Magellan Maestro 3100! The cheapest on market ($250), but it is great! Example: I want to go for shopping, but do not know where. I would have to look it up online and get the address and find the directions, write it down. Well, GPS device has 750K built-in points of interest. I search for Stop & Shop. It comes up with the closest ones to my house. Even better: What if the roads are closed as it happened today! You would be in trouble with written directions; there is no other option! GPS device recalculates the route and gives you new directions! I think this is a major convenience!

3- My new camera: Canon SD 1000. Has face detection software, correction software for shaky hands, etc. It is so fast and so simple to use. The pictures are so good for a camera worth $250.

4- The 4400 Season 4: Just started a few weeks ago!

5- House Season 3: I could not watch the third season on TV. Now, I am catching up...

6- Systematic Chaos: Dream Theater's new studio album. It is not the best album of the group, but there are good songs in it like "In the Presence of Enemies", "Forsaken" and "The Ministry of Lost Souls". I cannot wait for the concert on August 24. I will be in the first row and then backstage following the show!

7- Work-free nights and weekends: No work at nights and at the weekends! I do not have to think if I will be called on Sunday! I do not have to worry about what to report as progress three times a day (Well, I do it once a day here, and do not report to anyone, but to a computer system which is reviewed later on).

Well, that's all for now. Another week is starting tomorrow. 3 weeks of training already past. 7 more weeks to go! Take care, everyone...

1 comment:

Aibek D. said...

having those digital assistants in such a big place like NYC should be as crucial as salt & sugar. Isn't it stressful to live there? somehow I always had such an impression.